Monday, April 15, 2013

Our Week: 4/8-4/12

We're still trying to get back into our regular homeschool routine. Just as we were adjusting to having an infant during school, we moved. Unpacking, organizing, nursing a baby a lot, and trying to keep up with all the regular household things like laundry and cooking haven't made it easy to get planning and school work accomplished. I have started unpacking the school room, but it's a huge mess right now. I feel like we'll do better with school once I get that room done.

Everyone is doing math everyday. We're reading at least a chapter each day from A History of US. Colin has continued doing Apologia's General Science on his own. We've also started reading The Little House on the Prairie (LHOP) series and we're using The Prairie Primer for activities to go along with it. I've meant to read them to the kids for a long time, but just never got to it. I'm excited that we're finally doing it. The timing is actually working out since we're living in Minnesota now close to the settings for lots of the books. We're planning a trip to Walnut Grove this summer.

Most of our week looked like this with lots of snow.


 photo 4BEBF739-8A93-472A-BA40-B6F8AB89EF30-6994-00002FD3F2313DD7.jpg
Our backyard

I'm really hoping it starts looking more like spring soon. I've found lots of places here that I would like for us to be able to get out and explore. I guess I can't complain too much since the winter in NC wasn't too cold and we had only seen an inch of snow there. It's been 6 years since we lived somewhere with lots of snow though so we just aren't used to dealing with it anymore. The snow actually went along with our LHOP studies this week though. It was snowing here while we read about all the snow Laura had on Christmas. We also got to make molasses on snow candy like they do in the book.

I have some more pictures of last week's activities, but they go along with The Prairie Primer so I plan to put them all in a post talking about just that.

Here is a picture of my baby girl just because I think she's so cute. I can't believe how much she's grown and that she's already 12 weeks old.


 photo 8D92C05C-93F3-449E-A5C4-AE2ACD360806-6994-00002FD3E944F9D5.jpg


1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Oh, my! She is gorgeous!