Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…


We finally got moved into our new house so it's been a busy week full of boxes, cleaning, organizing, shopping, painting, and trying to figure out how to make everything fit in a new space.




Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We were all happy to get to go to the park and visit with some friends. The kids are also spending a lot of time outside making new friends with the kids on our street.
We went to the farmers' market on Saturday morning. We were never able to find one we liked in the last place we lived so we were glad to be near this one that we used to visit when we lived here before.



My favorite thing this week was…

seeing all of our things after weeks of them being in storage. It's nice to sit on my own couch, eat at my own table, and sleep in my own bed.




Things I’m working on…

Besides unpacking, we're also doing some redecorating. The girls picked out some beach themed stuff for their bedroom. We painted the room, got them a new bed, and started putting up all the decorations. I'm hoping to get Colin's room painted next week and start working on it.




I’m grateful…

to finally be in our house. I'm so glad we were able to move to a place that's already familiar to us and has friends we're excited to be able to see more often.



A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Molly has been talking about having a lemonade stand for weeks. On Saturday afternoon, Chad helped the kids make lemonade. They used lots of lemon juice and lemons because they wanted it really sour. I was afraid they wouldn't sell any and would be disappointed, but they came back in with big smiles and an empty pitcher.

Photobucket




The Homeschool Mother's Journal 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute lemonade stand! We always try to stop at the little stands because the kids are SO excited to have customers! Happy settling in!

Theresa said...

Stopping by from the Hip Homeschool Hop! Congratulations on the new house--all the redecorating sounds fun!

I am following you now, can't wait to hear more about your adventures! Please stop by my blog!

Lisa Boyle said...

"Hopping" over to visit from the HHH.

Congratulations on the new house. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to decorate a new place and make it truly feel like home! :-)

I am so glad that the kids sold their lemonade. I can never resist buying some when I see a stand.

Have a blessed day,
Lisa
http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com

Chrysti said...

Really enjoying your blog.

Wendy Kelly said...

Stopping by on the Hip Homeschooling Hop! I had to let you know that I love lemonade stands and think they're such a great way to get some learning in over the summer (plus they are so much fun)

Hope the new house busy-ness settles soon and you have a lovely summer!