Friday, November 13, 2009

Unexpected Blessing

Tomorrow my baby is turning 5 years old. When I found out I was pregnant with her, I couldn't imagine how it would work. We wanted a third child, but planned to wait at least a couple more years. The other kids had just turned 1 and 4. I had terrible morning sickness with both of them. I was so worried about how I would take care of them and go through that sickness again. I had barely been able to care for Colin at 2 when I was pregnant with Caleigh. Now I would have two kids to care for and one of them barely a year old. Well, I was definitely sick with her, but we all still made it through that time.

Now I can't imagine our family without her. She has been such a blessing to me. She finds joy in everything and has a great time no matter what she's doing. She can make me smile even on the saddest days. She is such a fun, loving, happy child and I am so blessed to be her mother.

Here she is on her first birthday.

No comments: